The Empty Space In My Head

So what? Stuff happens in life and...who cares if you're ready, right? You just do it!

03 August 2005

And I let you go. Just like that.

I recently found myself caught in a maelstrom of feelings. Fear, nervousness, depletion and about 20 other emotions that I can't even begin to describe are coursing through me.

I watched as the endless possibilities pass me by. I just stood there, not moving, afraid to even speak.

I watched as a possible love interest come by. And for a moment, I welcomed the thought. But it was just me who thought. It was all me. It could have been a possibility. But how can I be sure of it? Always the skeptic. I doubted him and more so, I doubted myself. Was it real? Dared he spoke of words music to my ears. And I dismissed those words. Nothing is real. Not words, not moments. And so I stood there, not moving, afraid to even speak.

I watched him drift away. I watched as walls were built between us. I stood there not moving.

And I am caught in a maelstrom of emotions. I have let what could possibly be the best thing in my life slip through my fingers. Fear is gone. Confidence took over. Depletion replaced by what I almost gained. Almost. Not quite. Too late now. Newfound glory useless. For the one whom I let get away.